The US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) has provided support to the Program on Leadership and Accountability in Nigerian’s Health sector (PLAN-Health) of Management Sciences for Health (MSH) in partnership with the College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife to improve the skills and strengthen the management and leadership capacity of professionals working in the health sector. A key component of this effort is a Fellowship Program, which has been designed to build the capacity of the health professionals to effectively respond to the challenges they face in health service delivery.
The PEPFAR Health Professionals’ Fellowship Program, which is conducted over a 2-week period, comprises of classroom component, practicum segment, community-based activities and a mentoring support mechanism. The 2-week period is fully residential, and attendance at all activities is mandatory. It will hold at the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) in Ile-Ife, Osun State Nigeria. The instructional component is uniquely delivered utilizing Nigerian case studies and examples.
Benefits of Attending the Program
• Acquiring competencies to achieve best practices in health service delivery
• Get acquainted with leading and management practices
• Interpersonal communication, emotional intelligence and conflict management skills
• An understanding of project management tools
• Acquisition of operations research skills
• ICT skills including m-health and e-health
• Hands – on coaching and technical support during and after the program
Who is Eligible?
Prospective participants must be professionals working in any of the Nigerian Health sector in the following institutions.
Public and private Health Facilities and Non- governmental Organizations (NGO).
Essential requirements: Intending Participants MUST
• Commit to be present throughout and to complete the program (100% mandatory attendance).
• Commit to work as a member of a team and to practice newly acquired skills.
The Application Process
1. The application form can be obtained from the program website at www.phpfpfellows.org and http://chs.oauife.edu.ng and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to submit your application form.
2. Forms can also be picked up and submitted at any of the following addresses:
• CoRPA office, Block Y Provost office complex, College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State.
• Management Sciences for Health, Plot 564/565 Independence Avenue, Block B, A.U.J. Complex, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria
The cost of the training is N175,000 (One Hundred and Seventy Five Thousand Naira Only). This covers the cost of tuition fee and course materials; and EXCLUDES the cost of accommodation, transportation and feeding.
Training fees should be pain into:
Bank Name & Branch: First Bank Plc, OAU Branch, OAU Ile-Ife, Osun State.
Account Name: College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife.
Acct. No: 2012849378
The closing date for submission is May 27, 2015. The final selection will be decided by a panel after screening of applicants. All successful applicants will be contacted within two weeks after the closing date.
The program commences on June 8th, 2015 and ends on June 19th, 2015.
The application form can be downloaded here